RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Does Dometic high altitude" fix kit" to enable use of

Customer Question
Does Dometic high altitude...

Does Dometic high altitude " fix kit " to enable use of propane stoves and fridges to be used at altitudes above 5500 ft? We had a Pleasure Way R.V [ 2009 model } whose Dometic worked well at 7500 ft, with no problems . What can you tell me ? Larry Whearley

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

We have a Thor Compass with a Norcold that needs to be replaced 2017 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just took it to our dealer, who will get us a replacement Norcold. We've only had it two weeks, It is under warranty. don't actually know if a Dometic would be able to fit the space. I If no high altitude "fix " exists, it is probably a mute point.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
10/4/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​ am not aware of any "kit" that you can get like that. Most of the time you just have to make a small adjustment to the regulator on the LP pressure. If you were to be at high altitude on a continuing basis, then yes........there is a "fix" of sorts you can install, but it isn't made for going up to the mountains for a week-end as such. Is that your question? What happened to your Norcold fridge?

I have to go out on a short service call and will be back in less than an hour.........