RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Need to remove fresh water tank on my 2000 winibago

Customer Question
Need to remove fresh...

Need to remove fresh water tank on my 2000 winibago advenrureneed step by step info on

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2000 winnibago adventurer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 RV?

Adventurer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Need info on how to remove fresh water storage tank

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
10/3/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Curious why you have to remove the fresh water tank? Those are not meant to be removed, so there will be no step by step instructions for this. What is the actual problem here?

Ok it is a 2000 winnibago need to know how to remove fresh water tank
When refilling tank appears that fill hose is some how leaking at tank no access to hose

I suspect that you can get to the plumbing and it will be way easier to do than remove the tank. Start by going to the Winnnebago Plumbing diagrams and look for your year and model and download those plumbing diagrams and print them out. That will show you how it is plumbed. Get me the model number and I can look them up as well and give you more information here. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Diagrams don't tell me how to get acess to the hoses they are completely covered up

Get me the model number and I can look at them and tell you that.

Modle # wpg32v

Let me look that up when I get to my computer and get back to you. Give me an hour or so.

See page 6 of this diagram. That shows the tank and the location of all the fittings. It appears that the plumbing on this is CVPC pipe and fittings and those are especially fragile and easy to crack as they age. Is that what you see under there? http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2000/00_g32v-wh_plumb.pdf

Does this have the gravity fill on the outside as well as the city water fill from the roadside hookup? That is what these show. Access to that area of the tank is from a bay on the curbside and it may have a panel you have to remove first to get to that. Guessing from the diagram that it is in the rear bay or the one next to it.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic