RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Furnace in fleet camper model 8520 IV DCLP. Furnace won't go…

Customer Question
Furnace in fleet wood...

Furnace in fleet wood camper model 8520 IV DCLP. Furnace won't go on at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Fleetwood Mallard Sport 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Thermostat is functioning. Tried "off" reset switch, doesn't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes I have...not corroded

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

LED red indicator light flashes once every three or so seconds

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
10/3/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

The majority of the time if the thermostat is good and the furnace doesn't come on at least in fan mode then the control board is at fault. That is a weakness on the OEM boards which are made in China. I only sell after market boards in my shop made in Oregon by Dinosaur Electronics. Superior quality! If you can get to the board and get it out you can take it into a shop to be tested. When I can get to my computer later I can grab a copy of the Service Manual for you. Handy to have. Hope that gives you some direction here. Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

What is your charge for a new board? Do I get a refund of my $5 or is that it?