RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am looking at a 2013 Monaco Diplomat 43RFT to purchase for…

Customer Question
Hello, I am looking...

Hello, I am looking at a 2013 Monaco Diplomat 43RFT to purchase for fulltime travel. What do I need to look for before taking ownership? Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Diplomat yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, have not received it yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All help would be useful.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
10/3/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I always recommend to my customers that they hire a licensed and cerified tech to do a survey on the coach. They know what to look for and can check the roof and all the systems for you to be sure you aren't going to have any surprises. Never go for the "it worked the last time I used it" thing. All systems need to be checked and actually verified. Service records on the engine and drivetrain are a real plus. All fluids should be checked for color and any signs of heat or abnormal wear. This may cost a few hundred dollars but that would be cheap compared to a costly repair you weren't expecting. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

We are purchasing this RV from a dealership, should there be a certified report from them?

I would and strongly consider an extended warranty from Good Sam.

Make sure all the slideouts work smoothly and fit properly. Sometimes they need adjustment. Make them do this if needed.

Just checking back it to see if you were able to get all the information you needed on this here or do you still need some additional support from me?

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification