RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2006 28ft. Airstream Safar The kitchen faucet is…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 28ft. Airstream Safar The kitchen faucet is gone and need to replace it(Moen). Looks like I have to take the sink out,aswhere the nuts holding the faucet are covered by part of the countertop, and I can't reach the hold down nuts. Is this correct?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Airstream 2006 28 ft. Safari

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Safari yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Took off the water connections and the drain pipe from the sink.They ran those down thru the counter top with a small hole leaving NO room to get the faucet hold down scres.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
10/2/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

It can be a tough one to get to, but I have never had to take the sink out. Are they hex head screws?

Don;t know cause I can't see them Probably like all other faucet hold down screws. Large place with wings.
Forget it. I try to do it without all this added fees etc.. Can't be that hard I was a shipfitter in the service.

I think these are hex head and a small socket and extension should work. Get one of those dental style mirrors so you can see up there.