RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a trailer fridge model #N611RT Serial # 9322274. The…

Customer Question
We have a trailer...

We have a trailer fridge model #N611RT Serial #(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

The trailer is about 10 years old and the fridge has been shutting off a lot and now does not want to light

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, we are down in Mexico on a ranch so fridge is working on propane - no electricity

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fridge runs off the propane and 12 volt system

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
10/2/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Have you had the LP pressure at the tank regulator adjusted recently?

no we have not
we are down in Mexico and the phone through internet is not very good - the trailer out of phone signal range
the trailer is a 2006

Take the cap off the regulator if this has one and turn the adjusting screw 3 turns to the right which is countercockwise.

is this regulator on the fridge or are you talking about the one at the tank

The LP regulator at the tank(s). Small black or white cap on the side where the adjustment screw is (if it is an adjustable model)

we have the trailer hooked up to a 300 liter tank - have some one going to check the regulator type
it has a 0.8 3/h barbecue style regulator which we have used for the past two years
it has an orange cap which covers the adjustment screw on top - it is plastic

Not the correct one and may not be adjustable. Good if you can find an actual RV reguator.

Add some pressure and see if this correct this. Be sure that the burner is clean. If you see any yellowish debris around the base of the burner area that is a sign of cooling unit failure. Very common on this model.

will look for it
- would the pressure be too low or too high

T​he pressure is usually too low. Turning it clockwise increases the pressure.

no gas is flowing at all and the igniter is not sparking

The regulator may be bad. See the attached link to the Norcold Service Manual. Print this out if you can. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need some help here?