RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2008 3600 re live slide will not go in straight…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 3600 re live slide will not go in straight binds up

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2008 Montana 3600 re

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pushing so far, I just had surgery so I cannot turn with wrench

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
10/2/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Does this have two gear tracks on the bottom connected by a cross shaft?

What you need to know?
to two gear tracks and cross shaft

M​ost of the time when this happens, one side has lost the bolt that holds that shaft in place OR the roll pin on the gear has sheared. Not expensive to repair, but if you are hindered in the use of one arm it might be tough.

Do you have a good mobile tech in your area that can come and give you a hand or even a friend that has some experience with tools. I can describe how this is repaired. The parts are only a few dollars. Let me know. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

I just wanna know, how can I close it?
Nobody close by

It will take a large Crescent wrench to help turn the shaft or a few people to push on that side of the room while you use the motor. Care has to be taken not to put the room in such a bind that it gets damaged. I would find a good mobile tech to come and assist you. Most shops know of one and so do most RV parks. You can't do this yourself.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!