RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am replacing one plastic "skid" on a Rockwood TT. How do I…

Customer Question
I am replacing one...

I am replacing one plastic "skid" on a Rockwood TT. How do I get access to the inside bottom corner of the slideout, so I can install the new skid? That corner is blocked by gaskets, & trim etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

No engine involved. This is a TT.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your TT?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself. I have removed all materials blocking access.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
10/2/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 10 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Most likely the trim and seals will need removed.You will have to examine the trim to see if it is held in place with screws or clips or sometimes a glue.Unfortunately my info isnt showing how to access this but usually if these components are in the way then they need removed to access it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete