RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Yo I own a 2004 forest river sierra sport I want to attach…

Customer Question
Yo I own a...

Yo I own a 2004 forest river sierra sport I want to attach something to the back to accommodate a bike rack there is two ports perpendicular to the rear bumper. It looks to me like it is a sleeve to attach maybe a bumper? Would you know?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes to fixing. Do all the maintenance my self Including reinforcing the water tank supports.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
10/1/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​here is a receiver attachment that goes right on the bumper and can be moved to any area that fits your situation. Easily installs in about 10 minutes. Not expensive. About $25 or so. I can get you a part number if you want. Then you just buy the bike rack that works for you and slide it in there. Locking pin keeps it safe. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Don't want to call. What is the part #?
In addition, I don't have a bumper.

If you don't have a rear bumper you can add one. Part number that goes on a standard 4" square bumper is UF #35-946402. It may be more than I thought for that one, but I have used this make in my own shop and it works well. If you have a good welding shop in your area they can make you a mount that goes underneath that has a built-in receiver and that can work instead of a bumper. I have one in my area that I use for special applications.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!