RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Are you actually responding to this in real time? Because I…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, are you...

Hi Pearl, are you actually responding to this in real time? Because I have a real-time problem. -- Tom

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2011 Leisure Travel Van Libero

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 RV?

Libero

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Let me explailn the problem: The Dometic refirgator worked great all last night on shore power, but when I tried to go to LP, I heard the ignitor try and fail, and the "warning" light continues to blink not only for LP, but also for 12 volt and every ohter option.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Oops, lost you for a sec. The exclamation point inside the triangle, and the "AUX" and "12" and "LP" mode indicators also blink.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it. thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 3 days by:
10/5/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the 12 volt batteries tested as well as the connections to and from these batteries checked this needs to be done to see if a connection is found to be at fault or a battery.This can cause 12 volt power supply issues which can affect all of these components here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete