RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Atwood 7916-Ii will not start. There is a red light

Customer Question
My Atwood 7916-Ii will...

My Atwood 7916-Ii will not start. There is a red light flashing, but nothing else.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It blinks only.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Fleetwood Williamsburg 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried to start it, I also confirmed my propane tank is full and the range lights, so gas is good.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
10/1/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is this the first time this season you have attempted to use the furnace? if so, try to cycle it again up to about 4 times. It takes some time to get the air out of the line when it hasn't been on in some time. Just turn it off and back on again. If it won't light after 4 tries get back to me and we can check some things out and find the problem. I can supply a manual for you and direct you in a few easy tests. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!