RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have 2007 pace arrow with two slides. The large slide…

Customer Question
We have 2007...

We have 2007 pace arrow with two slides. The large slide deposits water on our rug every time we slide it in. We have notice that the coving on the back end of the slide is rolling up funny. Is there way way to fix this problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2007 pace arrow mh 36d-qb

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 RV?

36-d

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are hoping to fix this problem ourselves. We have put some type of weather stripping up there hoping to keep the water out put that didn't help

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can we loosing the covering and reajust it and tighten it back up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/30/2017
RV Mechanic: eauto, RV Owner replied 7 months ago
eauto
eauto, RV Owner

have you checked the slide gasket the rubber seal?

I even added to them

is water collecting somewhere?

It must be or it wouldn't end up on the floor. How can we take a look when this seems to happen after we put the slide in

have you inspected the roof and the roof of the slide out

Of course. As I stated the coving on that end of the slide is twisted a bit. Is that the problem and if so can we loosing it, straightened it out and tighten it back up- but what are the steps to do that?

thats a progect the slide out needs to be removed to repair its a major project..

Are you say this needs to been done by a repair shop and a hardly man can't do it

a few handy mans in order to lift and roll the slideout away from the vehicle toperform repairs its not easy and should be done inside or under tarps its more then a day project

Do you have any other ideas what we could perform without doing this project? We aren't even sure that, that is the problem. When it rains no water comes in

i would walk the roof with a garden hose and with someone inside and soak the roof to see if you can pinoint the leak..the water is coming from some where..have yu ever sealed the roof

? this should be done once a year

We just bought this unit used and this is the only problem we have. I don't know if the roof has been sealed as we bought it from a private party and they didn't say that they didn't upon inspecting the roof it looks very good. But we will try this idea
Thank you

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S Certified Technician

eauto
eauto
eauto, RV Owner