RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our slide is stuck in the open position. Our motor home is a…

Customer Question
Our slide is stuck...

Our slide is stuck in the open position. Our motor home is a Dynamax Isata series 3. The back started in but the front stuck when we tried to close it. Buttons are unresponsive.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

We’re plugged in to electric

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2016 isata series 324 foot withfull sideslide outseries 3;24’ sorry I can’t see what I’m typing on my iPad so spaces are wrong.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We had a repairman here at our campsite last evening. He got it to work by on side. This morning when closing up to leave camp it went out a few inches and stopped. The back moved in but the front is stationary. Tried pushing. It buttons still unresponsive.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The mechanic just called to say he’s on his way back to help us. Are you able to speak with him when he arrives.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 6 days by:
10/5/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 10 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to debris stuck in the slide track/guide causing this fault here.I have seen debris hang up a slide like this in some cases.I have also seen bent tracks cause this fault here.This will have to be inspected further to locate which is the cause then from there it can be repaired to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete