RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a SW10DE Suburban HW heater was running fine on Gas…

Customer Question
Have a SW10DE Suburban...

Have a SW10DE Suburban HW heater was running fine on Gas then just stopped SW inside RV does not light up when turned on Ck for 12V at sw no pwr ck fuse good ck pwr coming out of fuse have 13.4V but none at sw

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The light on sw both gas & elec

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Suburban?

It is in a 2004 Holiday Imperial

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced Heating Element replaced limit sw for 120V & 12V

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/28/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

If you have power TO the control board then chances are good that the board is the problem. I would take it off and into a shop to be tested. When I get to my computer later today I can get a copy of the Service Manual for you. I will be out on a Service Call for a bit and check back in later. All follow ups are included in fee.

You did check the main fuse in the load center? And it might be just a bad connection on the board. Unplug it and then plug it back in again. The board is located on the rear area or to the side of the water heater. Not large.......about 2" x 5" and has the red ignition cable attached. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.