RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do I unbolt the theater sofa in my 2016 cougar xlite…

Customer Question
How do I unbolt...

How do I unbolt the theater sofa in my 2016 cougar xlite 33sab so I can replace the D-handle cable for reclining.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Most of those use bolts that have nuts on them and you access from underneath in a storage bay. I have seen some that used lag screws, but that is not as common. They don't want them pulling loose. Check that and get back to me if you need more here as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit. I will be out on a Service Call for about an hour or so and then checking back in again.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!