RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Electric hot water does not heat up and the red rocker

Customer Question
Electric hot water does...

Electric hot water does not heat up and the red rocker switch to turn it on gets very hot 2006 Winnebago Sightseer, 34 foot

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaking from the hoses. Where is the coolant and how do I check the level?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

WFD34A

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the bypass valve and it is shut, checked breakers and none are tripped. (We had an RV mechanic install a new heating element about 6 months ago

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/28/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of your water heater ?

Atwood model GCH6A-10C

The switch might be warm is the light is on, but definitely not hot. If it is then there is probably some kind of short in that circuit. Pull it out of the wall and see if any of the wiring is hot and make a note as to which color. Get back to me with that. I will be out on a Service Call for about an hour or so and will be checking back in again.

Okay, Randall, will do. I have to leave now for mm doctor appoint and should be back in1-2 hours

O.k.......that will work out about right.

I am finally back! I am attaching a copy of the Atwood Service Manual link for you. Print that out so you have it. Good information in there. Get back to me when you have a chance. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some help here?