RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I had a small accident with my 2008 Keystone Everest 330. I…

Customer Question
I had a small...

I had a small accident with my 2008 Keystone Everest 330. I couldnt get the hitch to lock, my foot was wet, it slipped for the brake to the gas, lurching the truck forward. The tailgate severed most of the connection wires. I replaced the trailer plug with an EZ Connector. After getting it plugged into the tow vehicle, I find i have no power. I checked all the electronics I could. I dont see an obvious problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

I have no power of anykind. Nothing works

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 330 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just told you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No,Im stumped

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/28/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you

I know you are not in a good Mood, and JA Robot does not help

sounds to be you blew all the fuses

did you check them ??

allbreakers and fuses are good, including the 2 on the converter. I didntknow where else to look

Thank you for that

This is the hitch wire s correct ??

I was very careful to match everythin g
It 's weird.nopower to anything. Lights, landing gear, nada

HI

All the fuses for the Coach are under the dash and the hood,

has nothing to do with the coach, only the Chassis

The Coach or the tow vehicle?

The tow Vehicle

I was not plugged in to the tow vehicle when this happened

OK

I am confused , what plug has the wires cut ??????????????

When I connect to the hitch, I make sure its good to go ,then I plug it in. Even without the tow vehicle connected, the battery will operate the insidelights.The cord that connects to the truck
At the kingpin

HI

Not being there , this is too confusing

and not making sense, I will opt-out

and post back to the board , do not reply/rate me locks question back to me

Waye

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

H​I, my name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I have an RV repair shop and do these repairs all the time. So with the new plug on the cord, do you have all functions on the lights and turn signals and charging to the batteries? If you have a small digital multimeter this is easier to track down. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. And when you respond, please let me know exactly what isn't working now. And are you plugged into shore power or not? All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.