RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

It is showing Brake system failure on the dash console and…

Customer Question
It is showing Brake...

It is showing Brake system failure on the dash console and now won't go drive when the transmission is put in drive

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

About two weeks ago we pulled in and the warning was on while driving and after I parked it will not move anymore

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2009 Forest river Georgetown 40ft with three slides

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's on a workhorse chassis with a gas pusher

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The only thing I have tried was disconnecting the chassis battery to see if the code would go away to move it to get it repaired

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/28/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 10 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The computers may be disabling the vehicle from moving with the fault with the brake system.It may also be a brake component that is keeping the transmission from engaging or moving.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers for the code set for this issue.Once this is done then that code can be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.There will be at least one code set that needs read out to help locate and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete