RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My dometic awning won't open when press the switch to open…

Customer Question
My dometic awning won't...

My dometic awning won't open when press the switch to open all I get is clicking sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

New camper3 months old was working last time out and worked fine coming from the awning right side

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2017 coachmen. Freedom express. 248rbs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ihavent tried anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Allset Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
9/27/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

W​hat is the make and model of this awning? Is the clicking in the control or at the motor?

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic