RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Gene Morrison here......Question-------My Sunseeker 2003…

Customer Question
Hello, Gene...

Hello, Gene Morrison here......Question-------My Sunseeker 2003 Class C 29 ft rv has a small hole in the supply line from fill point to tank for the gas. saw on line that several of that same model and year have had same trouble. any thoughts? (###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

The engine is in the front of the rv, the tank is in the back of the rv. When filling, gas was on the ground

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 RV?

2860 DS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Trying to find some one that is willing to fix it and replace that peice of hose

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have more tub would be easier for me to talk to you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​ have seen some reports of that happening, but it is the exception and not the rule. Are you sure that a clamp on the line just isn't loose? I can tell you that this gas today with Ethanol in it is extremely hard on hoses! We see lots of leaking issues on generator lines. Not much way to change that in most cases. Did that answer your question? If you nee more on this please get back to me as all follows up and exchanges between us are included in our one time fee. No time limit.