RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The awning goes in by itself for no reason. 2013 dutch star.

Customer Question
The awning goes in...

The awning goes in by itself for no reason

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2013 dutch star

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 RV?

43 foot dutch star

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not try anything it does not do it all the time

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

W​hat is the make and model of your awning?

And is this a manual or power awning model?

power
not where I can get phone service
what up any suggestion

What is the make and model?

Does it have a wind sensor?

no

I still need the make and model of this awning........

I do not want to call if you can help ok if not tell me

S​ince I can't seem to get the make and model of the awning, I will opt out and allow another tech to assist if they can.

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

HI my name is Robert....

Really need the manufacturer of the awning as Newmar has used several over the years, on some models the wind sensor sits inside the awning arm instead of the roof. The main causes of the room running in would be the wind sensor running it in, an issue with the control box for the awning or on some they are set up if you turn the ignition switch ON the awning might run in so you do not take off with the awning out. IF you can get me the make and model of the awning I might be able to assist you better. There should be a sticker on the roller tube that is visible when the awning is fully extended....

Let me know if you still need help on this..... Robert