RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2005 Safari Cheetah and the small bedroom slide…

Customer Question
We have a 2005...

We have a 2005 Safari Cheetah and the small bedroom slide out will not come in. I hear a click when I push the switch but nothing happens. HELP!

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It sounds like from the compartment where the motor is located.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Safari yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are located in Bayfield WI and the closest service is in Duluth, MN about 2 hours away. I will need to retract the slice out if I choose to go there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If it is the motor that is $2,000. Can the motor be rebuilt?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/27/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Are you plugged into shore power? One battery or two? And whose slide hardware is this? Tracks or cables on both sides of the room or track(s) underneath the room?

I don't know of any slide motor that is that expensive.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!