RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Its my 5th wheel i cant get the tip out to come out the

Customer Question
Its my 5th wheel...

Its my 5th wheel i cant get the tip out to come out the motor just ticks

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I just got it yesterday and this is my first experiance with an rv

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your rv?

Hitchhiker ll. 1997

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I moved the coucth off of it stoll nothing. I w d 40 the runber out side

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes if its possiable to oberide the motor and do it by hand

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/27/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So the first thing to do is to check the battery voltage, most slide-out motors are wired directly to the battery. IF you had low voltage you might get a clicking sound coming from the motor but the room may not move. So you should have around 12.5 volts at the battery and when running the room the voltage should not go lower then 11.5 volts. IF you just got this RV I would have the batteries load tested, if you remove them and bring them to an auto parts store they can load test them for free. Just make sure you make a diagram of the batteries, also make sure you do not have any loose or corroded cables at the battery or that can also cause a problem.

Some electric motors have a handle on the back side of the motor and when you move that handle it allows you to push the room in and out. I am not sure of the exact manufacturer of your room but that would be something to look for. Might need a mobile tech or shop check this out if it is not a battery or voltage issue.

Hope this points you in the right direction, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert