RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a leak in the fresh water holding tank. The water…

Customer Question
I have a leak...

I have a leak in the fresh water holding tank. The water pump also is not functioning, but I thing

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Yes...from the bottom of the tank. Does the pump need anot airtight system to function?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2014 Forest River 32V travel traier

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Am considering it, but purchased a warrantee with the trailer.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/26/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Rare that a tank leaks. More often it is the line coming out of the tank or the tank drain line. It can be hard to tell with the line being so close to the floor. On the pump you need to determine if the power is getting to the pump or not. A 12 VDC test light or small digital multimeter is the easiest way to find out if that is the case or not. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use.

I can assist you in the testing here if you want. All follow ups are included in our fee.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

Thanks I've resolved the issue.

Great! Thanks for letting me know.