RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The main beam that extends over the front of the 5th wheel…

Customer Question
The main beam that...

The main beam that extends over the front of the 5th wheel is broken on the right side of the unit at the brace meets it, can it be repaired

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

This is a 1999 alpinlite 34' fifth wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 RV?

It is a limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I found the crack on the 6" main tube, trying to repair it myself, am a certified welder

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have exposed the crack on the inside of the coach but going to have to cut a hole on the outside to weld the crack on the outside of the tube

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Can you attach a picture of the area so I have a better understanding where the damage is and the best approach?

Are you having trouble uploading a picture?

Don't have a smart phone. Not happy I was charged $32. Cancel my subscription

Yes there is a fee to get help here. Since you wish not to continue use the contact us link to contact customer service.