RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We purchased a 2003 Wildwood LE trailer. I am questioning…

Customer Question
We purchased a 2003...

We purchased a 2003 Wildwood LE trailer. I am questioning the "galley" indicator by the black and gray water lights. I am being told we have a separate holding tank for the kitchen but what I don't know is if this empties into the gray water holding tank when full. Can you please answer this for me. I have run out of people to ask.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No - I don't know what this is?

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the RV Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model of your '03 RV?

I don't have that information. It is a 28' with a side slide.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We just purchased it and camped for a weekend. We noticed all tanks are empty like they should be but the Galley light says 2/3 full. I know these indicators are never accurate but before we have a problem we want to understand this indicator and what it is measuring.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that will help me a great deal. Thanks.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​t has a separate valve but should empty into the same line as the other two. I have seen a few that had a separate dump fitting, but that is not that common. If you had that it would be very visible. Take a look and then get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

once the "galley" tank fills, it automatically drains into the main gray water tank? Is that correct?
SAFETY NOTES:
Two more testers were installed safely.
Surprise Flu Shots were offered on Friday, September 22 due to mis-communication between Corporate and the company administering the vaccine. They will be offered again on October 4. Even though it was a surprise, 69 employees received their flu shot!
Pure Safety : Module 14: PPE Part 4 Hand & Arm Protection – September (OFFICE)
WEEKLY SHIPMENTS:
Last Week: $1,504,629
Month to Date: $3,694,858
Remaining: $2,232,642 = $6 M - GOAL: $6.5 M
Next Month: $4,635,366 – Great Start to October ……YEAR-T0-DATE SHIPMENTS – (CUSTOMERS) Monthly: 94.1% Year: 94.4% Goal: 96%Quality numbers are as follows:
Week of 9/18-9/22, Scrap & Rework = $6,654.61, Hours lost = 70.2
No Significant NCMR’s over $1,000YTD Scrap & Rework = $333,723.26 (69.87% of 2017 budget), Hours lost = 3315.4 (72.23% of 2017 budget)September Budget = $38,360, September actual = $27,433.99SITE VISITORS:
***** ***** – ABS Inspector (representing Dresser-Rand)
David Reeves – local inspector (representing SBM Offshore)
Matt Pilon – Dresser-Rand
Dominic Maton – ExxonMobil
Shaun Brett – SBM Offshore
SITE TEAM CHANGES -
Additions:
***** *****, Assembler, reporting to Sue Sabin (temp to hire full time)
Separation:
Trent Johnson, Intern, reporting to Lance Strome.CUSTOMER SUCCESSES (We will be posting company successes and positive outcomes as they become available.
Our site shipped an emergency RO counter to counter for an emergency job in Port Arthur.
SPIRIT OF FLOWSERVE AWARDS:
Jason Jerz was nominated by Shamrock Goff for his excellent job with Compressor Gas Seal orders that have totaled over $1 M. He is very conscience to his customer’s needs and always reliable and helpful.
Winston Schray was nominated by Brad Hazzard for his role in reducing our scrap and rework numbers significantly.KALAMAZOO SITE – UPCOMING EVENTS
SAFETY WEEK: October 1 – 7
HEALTH FAIR – OCTOBER 4 – FLU SHOTS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THIS DATE
ISO 9001 Training – October 2 & 3
2017 Calendar of Upcoming Events in Kalamazoo
Oct. 2-3 ISO Training
Oct. 1-7 Safety Week
Nov. 23 Thanksgiving (Holiday); 8-5’s M-5;
Nov. 24 Day after Thanksgiving (Holiday); 8-5’s M-5;
Dec. 25 Christmas Day (Holiday); 8-5’s M-5;
Dec. 26 Day after Christmas (Holiday); 8-5’s M-5;FLOWSERVE VISITOR POLICY: ALL non-US visitors, including Flowserve employees must be screened a minimum of 3 days before visit. Policy is located:
Passport, under IDP/EPD tab (Industrial Pump Division/Engineered Pump Division)/ standards & procedures/EC-WI-002.
IMPORT COMPLIANCE: Rick Ragainis & Barb Wingfield are the Import Compliance Coordinators for the Kalamazoo Site.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE: Greg Davis is the Export Compliance Coordinator for the Kalamazoo Site.FLOWSERVE BADGES
In an effort to comply with our FLS Policy and Procedures, all employees must actively present proper identification when entering any FLS building. Therefore, Phalon Lewis has volunteered to assist ANY Associate needing to obtain a badge or other necessary items to make sure everyone (including visitors) are 100% compliant with this policy.
If YOU or someone on your TEAM needs assistance, please contact Phalon Lewis – E-Mail or call(###) ###-####So once the "galley" tank fills, it automatically drains into the main gray water tank? Is that correct?

No. They have separate valves. They each have to be opened to drain them.

even if the main gray and black tank are empty, this galley tank needs to be emptied all the time???? That makes no sense.

It only needs to be emptied when full OR leave the galley and other main gray tank valves open when you are parked and hooked up. Only the black tank can't be left open that way.

OK - SO - we don't ever have a site with full hook up - what I need to know is if the main gray water tank is empty and the Galley says 2/3 full - do we have to empty it now or can we wait until the gray water indicator says full. I was told there is a lever at the bottom of the trailer if opened, this galley water automatically runs into the gray tank.

It might if the other tank is empty. Once you leave that valve open, anything in that line can enter the tank. It also allows the fluid to accumulate at the cap over the exit and will run out when you take it off, so I don't recommend that. The valves should only be opened up to drain the tanks.

OK - we always dump before pulling the trailer. I just wanted to verify that the gray water from the front sink (galley) will automatically drain into the larger tank (gray water). When indicator says full, we can then drain the large gray water tank to drain all gray water. I just want to make sure the galley holding tank when full runs into the large gray water tank. I think you are saying yes to this.

IF you have a separate valve for that tank as I suspect, you will NOT have it draining into the main tank. It has to be drained just like the other one. May be a phone chat might help?

No - I am confused but don't want to spend the extra money. Thank you.

J​ust leave both of the valves closed until you are ready to drain the tanks.