RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

1992 elite 36' cat engine tranny line leaking over engine.

Customer Question
1992 elite 36' cat...

1992 elite 36' cat engine tranny line leaking over engine. How can I make a temp repair to bring it from Pinedale Wyoming to south east Florida?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV? What is the model of your '92 RV?

It is an Elite and I think it is a product of Oshkosh or

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Y son just bought it in Wyoming and found the leak after driving 300 miles. I just need to get it here to so Florida.any suggestions to make a temporary fix.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

It is a 1992 and I expect the hoses have not been replaced but tmilage is only 36,000. driving conditions are mountains at first and very cold temps. Then the plan is to go south and take 10 in much warmer conditions.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I just need advice if it is safe to drive or how to make a temporary fix.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
9/25/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

On road calls we are faced with Temp repairs to get back to shop/Garage

I do not know size of line, but most likely 3/8

I suggest to get heavy duty, rubber line Gas and diesel Proof

cut the line at the leak, slip this hose on and double clamp it at both ends

this will hold to get back for Line replacement

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.