RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We just recently became New owners of a 2018 Forest River…

Customer Question
Hi, we just recently...

Hi, we just recently became New owners of a 2018 Forest River Sun Seeker MBS. Before taking off for parts unknown, we wanted to be able to operate all the systems effectively. We have run into a problem concerning the AC and generator. When we are using generator only, the air will not function. We have air when we are plugged in to electric, but it won't run when using just generator or when riding down the road. We must be missing something. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No, but if that were low, wouldn't it have a problem running on electric too?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Forest River?

2018 Sun Seeker MBS

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Forest River?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We haven't tried to fix anything as it is under warranty. We were trying out running the AC off of generator only. And we can't get the AC to run off generator.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My husband is pretty certain that the generator isn't powering lights either.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
9/25/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

what you are describing is the generator

is not putting out the proper voltage

or amps to power up the A/C unit, need to have that Gen set checked

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Wayne, RV Mechanic