RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Battery power world, truck hook-up works, with shore power…

Customer Question
Battery power world, truck...

Battery power world, truck hook-up works, with shore power only plugs work. with truck hooked up and shore power everything works

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

The battery tested bad and I replaced it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2016 hyper lite xlr

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XLR yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses for continuity (both plug in and switch)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

May have experienced a power surge

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/25/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is this a 12 VDC issue or 120 VAC issue or both?

120 vac

So I am reading that when the shore power and truck are hooked up everything works. If you disconnect shore power you won't have any AC power unless you have an inverter. If that is the case, what is the make and model of that unit?

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

you never solved or answered-the converter was bad, I replaced it and everything is fine
please refund my $$$

​It would have been helpful if you had given me the correct information to start with. You told me it was a "120 VAC" problem.........not a 12 VDC issue. So I guess you needed to be more accurate on what information you provided. No problem though. They will still refund your money.