RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My elctric step is not working properly. 1994 Winnebago

Customer Question
My elctric step is...

My elctric step is not working properly

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

1994 Winnebago itaska suncruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '94 RV?

Itaska Suncruiser Diesel Pusher

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Engine not a problem it's the step to get in and out but it is23

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the step will not go all the way up or own and it vibrates

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/25/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 10 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Inspect the step track and linkage to see if it is rusty or corroded or bent at all or any debris in it.If anything is seen as an issue try and remove any debris and clean and lubricate it with a grease.If this appears to all be o.k. with no bent steps or linkage and it does vibrate and move somewhat this sounds like the step motor is weak itself needing replaced.

I have seen the step motors become weak in the past and causes this type of fault here needing replaced to resolve this issue unfortunately.Due to the year of this model this may be the cause with it needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete