RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2005 Viking pop up and one of the corners will not…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Viking pop up and one of the corners will not go down I do not know how to get inside to see if it is jammed or broken or what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

No noise i cannot lower the pop up camper because the front post (lift system) by door is stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 RV?

2005 viking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pop up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I just need to get a diagram or assistance on how to get this fixed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/24/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​hat is usually from a broken cable or one that has come partially off the pulley and jammed. Or it can be from a lack of lubrication on the post. Let me see what I can find on this for diagrams and get back to you later.

Ok thank you

Attached is a link for some of the best information on popups. Join for free. http://www.popupportal.com/threads/viking-lift-system-service.13783/