RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The ice makers is not working, but in trouble shooting that,

Customer Question
The ice makers is...

The ice makers is not working, but in trouble shooting that, the freezer door keeps popping open. How do I get the freezer door to latch? Mielew KF 1811 SF

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

There is no noise. The freezer door keeps popping open

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

KF 1811 SF 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was trying to trouble shoot the ice maker, but the door keeps popping open. Cleaned out the freezer and took the door off, put it back, but no change

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is everything

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/24/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

the ice maker won't work unless the freezer Temp is at 0,

so if the door keeps popping open that is the reason

I suggest to replace the latch or door

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ?? Please remember to rate my answer or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne