RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Driving on e way after just getting fuel, completely lose…

Customer Question
Driving on e way...

Driving on e way after just getting fuel, completely lose power, now won't start. Hubby took off fuel filter and walked to auto zone. We just bought this from a friend. It's a 93 swinger. Thank you so much!

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

We haven't taken it too far but no on gas hog and yes started right up both tines today

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have been reading a bunch of forums and my hubby did say there was a lot of pressure when he opened the gas cap and it was hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/23/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

HI I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

1st what engine do you have

2nd it was fine unit you fulled up ??

Chevy 454. Its a 93 swinger
no problems. I would prefer in writing because I'm going to relay all if this to my hubby

Thank you

What about 2nd it was fine unit you fulled up ??

It was running great, we had the generator going while we were packing up. It was about 25 min or so, got fuel and wurhibg about 15 to 20 mi, it just shut down.
My hubby took off the fuel filter....I believe and walked 2 mi to auto zone. He is on his way back. Its 94 degrees here and nearly dark.

HI

Yes it is hot all over, we are in Chicago, and unusual record heat of 97-104 ever day

sounds to me you have a bad batch of gas, replace filter , and add a gas dri

conditioner/or octane boost , may have to change the filter couple time s

hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Do you think its the fuel pump?

HI

It can be the relay is common to fail on the 454

Only Problem is I have no clue where it is , the body builders never put in same spot

this is a very common question on JA, Customers have to go back

to builder and ask where it is with the VIN

I did read a bunch of forums. He just put new filter on and used the emergency start. The generator runs.
It is not getting fuel
Won't start

HI

Are we talking about the RV engine or the Gen set

reason being 2 different issues

The rv engine

HI

OK the gen set has nothing to do with the Coach engine running

that is what we need to concentrate on