RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

IIt will not start seems like a bad battery - put new

Customer Question
IIt will not start...

IIt will not start seems like a bad battery - put new battery in still no start even with the emergency start - I can hear a click but engine is not turning

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

I installed a new battery aand I hhave changed this one before it is an*****with just over 10 thousand mile on it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

Open road

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not really tried anything yet don't know what to look for after reading a little it sounds like it might have a bad ground or relay

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need to know where the ground cable hooks to the frame so I can check that

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
9/23/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help yo with this

if you turn your head lights on , and try to start will the lights dim