Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.
7276279

Need to replace the fuel fending unit. Much the same. the

need to replace the fuel fending unit
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: yes, much the same. the sending unit is not giving consistent readings
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1990 325 classic with the 454
JA: Are you fixing your Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, the tank is out and the sending unit with all the fuel/vent connections removed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: what range of ohms foes the fuel guage expect and is there a universal unit that will replace this unit?

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The resistance in the sending unit should be read 0 ohms empty and 90 ohms full. You can get a universal sending unit From Summit with these readings as well . See the link below.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/gauge-sending-units/universal/yes/gauge-type-application/fuel-level

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
thanks

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.