Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The roof of my 2015 Citation 24 ST was penetrated by a

The roof of my 2015 Citation 24 ST was penetrated by a 2-inch diameter limb. I patched the hole but now I noticed the top running lights on the rear are not working. Is it possible that the limb hit the line proving power to the rear top lights? Where does the power line for the rear top lights run?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The Citation has lights along the top in the Front and the back. They come on when the headlights are turned on. i am talking about yhe ones in the rear.
JA: Are you fixing your Citation yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I patched the hole left by the limb.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Possible. How are you going to access that now?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
If the power line runs down the top toward the center, i will remove my patch and dig around until I find it.

Before you do that, I would verify whether or not there is power to the circuit and if the ground is the problem. Use a 12VDC test light for that. That circuit may just have a dirty or damaged ground.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Bot***** *****ne: The limb could have hit the line but ripping off the patch should not be the first thing to try to fix the problem. I agree. Thanks for the help.