RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a light 1805rb. I getting ready to go camping

Customer Question
I have a coleman...

I have a coleman light 1805rb. I getting ready to go camping tomorrow and just notice the blue light is not on at the shoreline power receptacle on my camper. I have a 30 amp plug on the side of my house and that side the blue light is on but on the camper side it is not. What could be the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the 30 amp male side of shoreline power cord there is a little blue light which is on. On the other end which plugs into the camper there is a little blue light on the cover but it is not lit but was lit as of yesterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2017 Coleman light 1805RB

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have unplugged both ends of the power cord and plugged them back in. Still show only a blue light at 30 amp plug on house but no blue light on cover where I plug it into the camper

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/22/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​t may be a bad connection or perhaps just the light is not working. Do you actually have any AC power in the coach or not? Tracking down the problem is easier using a small digital multimeter. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!