RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Bought a used 2000 Jayco Heritage pop up, rear hand crank to…

Customer Question
Hi, Bought a used 2000 Jayco...
Bought a used 2000 Jayco Heritage pop up, rear hand crank to lift and close... lifted it fine but I don't know how to release/reverse the crank to close the camper. Feeling pretty dumb right now lol
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Do you have the Owner's Manual for this unit?

You can get one from Jayco or even some of their dealers. Cunningham Campers has most of these and there is no charge. Another good source of material on this is PopUp portal. You can join for free. They have manuals on all the various popup lift systems. I am adding a link for one of those for you. Print this out so you have it. http://www.cunninghamcampers.com/fckimages/L_W_lift_system_repair_manual.pdf

I am also adding a link to a bunch of Jayco popup videos that can give you all kinds of good information. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ-jrC9BZZbr9aiQA-btUpry2-iWBLCXu

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!