RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My push button shifter would not go out of neutral. I read a…

My push button shifter...

My push button shifter would not go out of neutral. I read a few forums and decided to disconnect the batteries for 15 minutes. Now I cannot start the motor. The shifter is blank except for the economy light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The N, F, R light on the Allison transmission push button shifter.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 RV?

2002 Monaco Windsor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Windsor yourself? What have you tried so far?

Preferably myself. Check fuses, checked the plug under the push button shifter, check battery cables, caught me by surprise as it has always fired up and ran fine. Sometime have to charge it if it sits awhile, even shortly after replacing the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Recently had issues with the Oman generator not starting. Code says low voltage.

9/22/2017
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

What you are describing is the solenoids in the trans have a issue

they are starting to fail ,

you need to get this in to a trans shop , for a Free

Trans scan, t see if that is the issue

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Would the solenoids in the transmission not allow the engine to crank? Assuming it goes into some sort of "safe mode". It's started fine then once it wouldn't go into gear I shut the motor off. Will not crank now. I am guessing I cannot run a diagnosis from the push putting shifter if it doesn't light up? Trying to prevent a costly tow bill. Would a Mobil mechanic be able to diagnose or needing a transmission shop?

Morning

Yes the solenoid will keep it in gear and cause a no start

but now I am thinking that you have a trans computer issue

or harness, Yes call a mobile Mechanic, have him hook up a lap top

to retrieve codes

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Wayne, RV Mechanic