RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a 2009 HR Presidential and right front landing gear…

Customer Question
Have a 2009 HR...

Have a 2009 HR Presidential and right front landing gear wont go up or down and is still hooked up to diesel truck. never used computer chat before. our phone is(###) ###-#### have exhausted all local mechanics to no avail. 5th wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Its a 5th wheel no transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 RV?

Holiday rambler presidential suite. separate electric feet in front. one side works one doesn't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes believe a rod is broken under the gears

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

See 2 gears at top. are there more gears? really need a diagram/picture to know how to go further

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/21/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

W​hose system do you have? Most of these were Atwood and there were several models. Some part numbers or a photo of that jack would be helpful here. Attach them to your post using the paperclip icon.

We do offer a phone chat option, but it is an additional fee. I would like to get some additional information first if you want to do that.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!