RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Exterior door is out of alignment and won't close from the…

Customer Question
Exterior door is out...

Exterior door is out of alignment and won't close from the inside. Very hard to open or close at all. Local dealer says it needs a new door and frame and that FR takes 4-6 weeks to ship. Are there any other options and/or a way to get the door faster? I need to be able to use the RV!

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2014 FR3 30DS

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 RV?

FR3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried tightening screws but the holes are stripped, gauges on frame. Took to local dealer for help. Are you reading previous posts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
RV Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Unlike engine parts for example, doors and many other coach parts are made to order and not kept stock which causes the long delay in getting the part. There is no way to speed up that process.

I can check my national parts located for a good door and frame that is used if you want to go that route.