RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a powered awning on our rv that won't retract. motor…

Customer Question
We have a powered...

We have a powered awning on our rv that won't retract. motor is running but needs assistance to get it started

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Its a 5th wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2008 flagstaff

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Flagstaff yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just bought it. wondering if you had a suggestion where we should start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/20/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

T​hat is usually a sign that the gear inside the roller tube has stripped or sheared off a pin. Sometimes they can be repaired and sometimes it requires a new motor. If this a Dometic A&E model or Carefree of Colorado unit?

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 months ago

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!