peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

We have a 2012 Freelander 2850 based on a Chevy 4500. The

We have a 2012 Freelander 2850 based on a Chevy 4500. The display for our rear camera has been failing, now the entire display for the radio/entertainment center is blank. The Cd still plays though. What would your approach be to fixing this issue
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It is the original entertainment center that came w the rv
JA: Are you fixing your Freelander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have not tried to fix this yet. I had assumed that the camera needed to be replaced but now that the display on the radio, etc has stopped functioning I am afraid it will be more expensive. Wondering if there might be a fuse for the display separate from the audio function
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This freelander has had repeated issues with lights, especially blinkers and it is at a mechanic to address this wondering if it might be a part of the same problem
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was the camera display showing up on the display for the radio before all of these issues started to occur or does this model have a separate display for the camera?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the camera was showing on the entertainment center on the dash. The camera display was not as bright as previously and then it started to flutter. Now nothing displays on the screen at all.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am confused about this process. I thought I was asking a question of the manufacturer, I did not know I would need to pay for each step of this process. Also, the rv is not here right now as it is being looked at by a mechanic. I think we should discontinue this process at this time.

O.k. it is very possible you have 2 different issues.If the camera display was only an issue on the display at first and the radio and other functions were all o.k. this indicates a fault with the camera itself needing replaced ( most common) or an issue with the wiring leading from the camera.

The issue with the display completely out now indicates the display has failed as well needing replaced.On some models this comes complete with a new radio/assembly.

I suspect both of these are at fault here with what you have described needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete