RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I live in Houston at rv park. trailer park lost power. I…

Customer Question
I live in Houston...

I live in Houston at rv park. trailer park lost power. I returned home week later and freezer worked but refg. did not. 2 days later freezer no longer worked. I checked to make sure trailer level ok. I checked battery ok also.turned off power button on control panel on refrig. when I turned it back on the refrig no lights on and mode button did not come on. there were not any lights working and I could not even change mode to refrig.could it be control panel?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2012 keystone hornet hideway

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes leveling checked gas check battery ok everything ok

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/20/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

W​hat is the make and model of your fridge? Do you have or can you get a small digital multimeter so we can do some testing and track down the problem? Did the water level come up high enough to get into the electrical system?

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!