RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic 8500 awning on my truck camper and must…

Customer Question
I have a Dometic...

I have a Dometic 8500 awning on my truck camper and must replace the awning fabric. mhg no. 841EH08.400. Product Number###-##-#### Serial No 01897507. SKU no(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Can i purchase a replace awning directly from Dometic?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I very capable of doing my own worked. Looked at utube and seems simple.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Original color is white and beige. Can vary,

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/20/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Y​es, you can. Usually cheaper from a dealer though. Best to have at least two people to do this and three is better. I can direct you further here once you get the cloth. Is this a rear mounted awning? 8 ft long? I can get you a price if you want.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!