RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

What is the best anode rod to use for 1999 RT 190 Popular?

Customer Question
What is the best...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 190 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have the anode out of the heater and have drained and rinsed the heater inside.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaking that I know of. By the way, the anode has not been changed since I bought the RT in 2002.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/19/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

There are several brands and any are fine. They all last about the same. You should not use one with magnesium which has a raised bump on the end. Those are only for new units. Be sure and take a tap and chase threads out and clean them before you install a new one and use some liquid Teflon on the threads. Socket is best for taking that out and putting it back in again. Drain and flush the water heater at least once a year for best results. Hope that helps here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

thank you.

You are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our serivce here at Just Asnwer.