RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic Rm 2862 will not run on electric. When we looked all…

Customer Question
Dometic Rm 2862 will...

Dometic Rm 2862 will not run on electric. When we looked all outlets are not working on coach. From outside access panel plugged frig plug into a cord running to our house and it worked fine. So looks like all outlets are not getting power. Fuses look fine. What now? Fuzion M-302

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yes, NO HELP AT all!!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2009 KEYSTONE FUZION 5TH WHEEL TOY HAULER

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuzes are ok. Replaced the only GFCi outlet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No GFI outlet on outside eitherl

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/19/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

There are usually two GFCI outlets that control all or most of the plugs here. One in the kitchen area and one in the bathroom area. Sometimes there will be a third one someplace and that may be the situation here. If you have a small digital multimeter this can be easier to track down. I suspect that you flipped all the service breakers off and then back on again? I would start checking and see if you can find any other outlets that aren't working. If you can find another, then there is a good chance that there is going to be a GFCI plug controlling those. Let me know what you find and we can go from there if needed. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. I can get you a copy of the Dometic Service Manual if you don't already have one. No extra charge for that.

Already have Dometic service manual. It's not the frig as plugged frig into extension cord to house outlet & frig goes to AC & tuns. It's a bigger problem with ALL electrical outlets!!!!!

I​ can give you a call as soon as Customer Service notifies me that your payment has cleared. Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? And are you using any kind of adapter on the shore cord?

I​ still haven't gotten any notice from Customer Service that your payment cleared. Did you get this resolved or not?