Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Water is leaking from the Rv Water heater. It is leaking

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Water is leaking from the Rv Water heater. It is leaking from the faucet, where the red cap is in the end of the nozzle..
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: The RV water heater.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2016 Coleman Lantern CTS27RL
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried to fix anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the water heater? Does this look like a brass valve with a lever on it?

Robert

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Atwood L.P. Gas Water Heater
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
It has a brass valve with a lever on it and red plastic seal pressed in the bottom of the nozzle.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I don't want to call

OK...

That is the pressure relief valve. Some water may seep out of it.

Weeping or dripping of a pressure-temperature relief valve while the water heater is running DOES NOT mean it is defective. This is normal expansion of water as it is heated in the closed water system of a recreation vehicle. The Atwood water heater tank is designed with an internal air gap at the tank to reduce the possibility of weeping and dripping. In time, the expanding water will absorb this air.

To replace the air follow these steps: To restore the air:

1. Turn off water heater.

2. Turn off incoming water supply.

3. Open the closest hot water faucet in the coach.

4. Pull handle of pressure-temperature relief valve straight out and allow water to flow until it stops

5. Allow pressure-temperature relief valve to snap shut, close the faucet then turn on the water supply

Try that and see if it helps. IF not it may need to be replaced if it is more then just a drip

Hope this helps some, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page... Robert

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Ok... Let me give that a try. thank you

No problem at all, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.

Robert