RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an Atwood mobile home abandoned on my property and I…

Customer Question
I have an Atwood...

I have an Atwood mobile home abandoned on my property and I want to fix it and rent it, but without the wind load code, I cannot get electricity. I only have limited info from the tongue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Don't know what you are talking about. we made a copy with a piece of paper and pencil

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

No idea

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

No one knows

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only effort is to get a wind load to get electric.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The wind load will get electric....that's all i need, please

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
9/19/2017
RV Mechanic: gomi_otaku, Technician replied 8 months ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician

wind force = Lenght x Height x F

where F is:
20 at 90 mph
29.8 at 110 mph
41.8 at 130 mph

This will give you the pressure in pounds of wind force acting on the side load of the RV- if this is MORE than the weight of the RV, it could roll it over. But it's pretty rare, unless you encounter a rare category 5 hurricane. oh, wait...

you can only give me the wind load by first giving me the serial number.
just refund my money, you are no help!

How am I supposed to have the serial number to your trailer? You don't have a year or model. I'm telling you what you need to do to get this information. You need to weigh the trailer, since you don't have a way to get the published specs without knowing what year and model it is.

If you are the mfg. & other people post the same info, you should cut the conversation. You can't give me a serial number from the info on the trailer tongue, you know it is rediculus to think a county authority will give me an electrical permit to an I identified trailer. A
Load formula is available free from a google search. Refund my money if your mfg. markings don't lead you to a trailer serial number.
Refund my money.
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician