RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a zoned thermostat and when we turn the heat on it…

Customer Question
We have a zoned...

We have a zoned thermostat and when we turn the heat on it sounds like the motor wants to start but nothing happens. We have checked the circuit breaker and have looked for a fuse in the thermostat itself and did not find one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

One is in the bedroom and one is by the driver in the first door.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

It is a 2010 Phaeton QRH 42 ft

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Phaeton yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried calling RV dealers and they are booked solid. We called Red Bay this morning and did everything they said to try which was taking the panel off the wall and checking for a fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do not think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/18/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Do you know the make and model of your furnace? Does the fan motor come on or not?

Suburban furnace but do not know the model
Just cancel this whole program. By the time we are done it will cost us more than a service call

There is only ONE fee for each question, no matter how many exchanges it might take. I have had some that took over 40 exchanges. So if you can get this solved for less than $37 I can cancel it for you.

We have made plans to visit Lazydays in FL so just cancel this program.

N​o problem..........I hear they charge about $130 an hour!